What You Need
Beads, Chain Cutters, Jewelry Pliers, String, Chain, 4 Jump Rings,
1 Clasp, 6 Crimp Beads, Scissors, Beading Needle (optional)
How To Do It
1. Cut 9 equal lengths of string for your beads and string them (using the optional beading needle if you want) until each strand is equal in length. Separate them into 3 groups of 3 strings and tie a knot at each end of the group, making sure the knot is as close to the end bead as possible.
2. Slide a crimp bead over a knot until the knot is inside the bulbous part of the crimp bead. Knot again and again over the original knot to make a larger knot, still inside the crimp bead. Shut the crimp bead with the jewelry pliers. Repeat on both ends of each strand.
3. On just one end of the necklace, curl each crimp bead around a jump ring with the pliers.
4. Time to start the braid! It's helpful to pin the end of the necklace to a pillow to keep it steady. Separate the 3 groups of 3 strands and braid to the end. Once the braid is finished attach the crimp beads to a jump ring.
5. Attach a length of chain to each jump ring and finish each end with another jump ring. Attach your clasp.