I've made corn chowder a number of ways and have come to hone this mouth-pleasin' and quick 'n' easy method. This makes a ton (extra servings can be frozen) and it is vegetarian. Chow(der) down!
What You Need
2 Onions, Minced
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
8 Small Red Potatoes, Diced
4 C Corn Kernels
1 Can of Creamed Corn
8 C Veggie Broth or Water
2 TBS Butter
Generous Splash of Half & Half
Chopped Scallion to Garnish
Salt & Pepper
How To Make It
1. Melt butter in a large pot and add onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
Cook until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Add potatoes and broth/water to pot and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and cover and simmer until potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes.
3. Add corn and creamed corn and cook for 5-10 more minutes.
4. Stir in half & half and gently heat for another minute.
There should be enough half & half to turn the chowder white in color.
5. Serve topped with scallion and more freshly cracked black pepper. Enjoy!